Saturday, June 11, 2022

Homework for Thursday June 9

 Submit via email or here on the blog an analysis of one of the videos we watched today in class: 

Butoh: Dead Sea

Jazz: White's Lindy Hoppers

Regency: Waltz

Think about: 

  • body parts used/held
  • energy (weight, time)
  • shapes
  • pathways
  • size
  • what it makes you think of/images/memories/ideas

3 comments:

  1. As I watched (Regency: Waltz) I noticed that the two dancers mainly used their feet as they danced and held each others hands. The energy was balanced and it went slow in some movements and a little bit faster in other movements. The two dancers maintained high postures with their heads looking forward and up. They kept turning from one side to the other throughout the entire dance. The dance feels pretty straight forward and with certain rules that they where following. The dance looked classy as if it was made for their majesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the Butoh: Dead Sea, what I noticed in that the dancer doesnt move that much his movements are really slow, the dancer uses manly his hands there are a lot of hand gestures and movements which I think is the most important body part in this dance there is also a bit of head movements not so much tho but slow and minimal movements. Something else I noticed is that he is manly doing big shapes with is body. As interesting as this dance is it made me feel a bit uncomfortable and on the edge but its still quite interesting and new to me. - Jasem

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I watched Whiteys Lindsay Hoppers, the dance occupied a lot of space, they used most of the space they had at their disposal. It was mainly done as a pair or group dance, but, was also done as individuals. The dance was very energetic and they moved with the beat. It was very acrobatic in nature. It made me think of circus performers because of how energetic and acrobatic they were.

    ReplyDelete

Final check-in question

 Over the course of the session, we have discussed, watched, and/or experienced dance across time and globe. Which one offered a meaning-mak...